
I'm on a roll but when I was inspired to illustrate this with an image, these roll-arounds were all I could come up with. They're kind of cute, but kind of creepy, too. Appropo considering that so are some of the men I've dated. Right now, I might just take creepy and cute cause it sure beats crappy! And that's what you get when you got nothing- crap. This may be the longest stretch I've had with no male interest. I've got zero prospects. No one is calling, texting or emailing and even thought I'm enjoying the respite from my usual angst-ridden existence, all this silence is deafening!
In an effort to appear more approachable, I've taken to making eye-contact and smiling broadly at men on the subway. This, I'm sad to report, is not working. In fact, I suspect it's having the opposite of its intended effect. The objects of my attention either take sudden interest in the bunion-correction advertisement overhead or do the half-smile/half sigh thing that says, "Okaaayyy..."
Whatever, strap hangers! I've got news for you: this suddenly single (OK, not so 'sudden' but the alliteration works) 30-something would rather be alone than stuck in a suffocating relationship with a man who thinks you can ask a woman out via text or send her virtual flowers. I had a boyfriend who sent me virtual flowers on my birthday. And do you know what I did? I married him! Let that be a lesson to you!
No comments:
Post a Comment