Sunday, April 29, 2007

What?! I'm in Hiding...

Not like Salman Rushdie once was but I'm hoping by taking it underground for a bit, DSG will stop trolling the internet for my blog. I just made it public on Friday and then almost two weeks after our last encounter, I get this acerbic email. I told him that I was going to refrain from posting his venom but he sent me another email. So since he can't see the value of my generous discretion, I'm posting his response to that email.
This was my response to his abusive diatribe:

I'm tired of all this unwarranted abuse.
You're right about everything you wrote and I will be true to my word and not contact you again. Again, let's just stop the madness. I'm sorry I thought we could be friends and I sincerely wish you the best of luck although with your talent, you won't need it.


And he responded with yet another salvo:

i don't want to abuse you, but a word of advice. If you're going to have a blog and write cruel things about people that you are mad at for your readers to revel in and devour like a carcass, knowing full well that the person you are writing about may read it, (perhaps even secretly hoping they will) then you better get ready for what comes back at you.

I suggest you keep your blog underground if you can't handle the consequences.

i stopped the madness by not talking to you, and I am sorry that i engaged with you again, we can't be friends, but since you were only really interested in Daily Show tickets to begin with and not a "friendship" it shouldn't be too much of a sacrifice anyway.


The part that actually made me feel the worst was his assumption that I used him for tickets. That's not my style but I think it's just further evidence of how little we understood each other. Sad, really, I have front row tickets to see Ricky Gervais and I can't think of anyone who would appreciate them more. Ricky Gervais is the creator of the original version of "The Office." He's brilliant. I had an inkling but no real idea until I was tipped off to his stand-up routine. Look for it on YouTube. But only if you want to laugh. Otherwise, you'll be disappointed.

3 comments:

gitgirl said...

Is that a threat?! Doesn't he know you have a posse? Don't be bullied!

Anonymous said...

How arrogant. Sound like he's one of "those" who just always has to have the last word, even though it might be a lower jab than the first. Hot potato, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Is your roommate hot?