Thursday, March 01, 2007

attribution

In the post titled "Fair and Balanced" I employed a line I heard in a great play DSG recommended called "The Vertical Hour." The line is in the final scene and comes from a disgruntled student who tells Julianne Moore's character that she is in fact pissed off at the world because she just found out her boyfriend has taken up with a girl who "looks like she eats shit with a dirty spoon."

In my entry, I liken a pointless exchange with DSG to: "washing your hands before eating shit with a dirty spoon." I don't equate that with plagiarism but in the interest of honesty, it wasn't entirely my brain child.

1 comment:

Sanket Vyas said...

Whoa - considering I haven't read the blog in a few days I wasn't prepared for the peanut gallery bashing. I really don't read the comments because I don't know who the hell these people are & thus have no interest in what they think of Love Pariah's life.

Being someone who knows Love Pariah pretty well I can only say that she may be alot of things but she certainly isn't boring. Unlike this quote from Jane Smiley- Ten Days in the Hills...

"He sighed. They made him sigh. It was not precisely that they were boring, but more that they caused the expansion of time, so that every second, every moment, swelled to infinity."

I don't know what the hell the point of my comment is... Just that the Love Pariah is actually doing OK - really - I should know. Just enjoy the blog and know that eventually she will find happiness. And all her fans will have to find something else to get them through the day after she does.