Monday, February 26, 2007

The Peanut Gallery

People are having conversations in the comment section of my blog. I think that's weird. It's not a forum. I don't necessarily object to the discourse. After all, I am the moderator and can choose to reject the comments entirely but it's still strange. Especially since Brooklyn is home to Junior's which is famous for its cheesecake. So then why is that so clever and witty?

I'm in a really foul mood today. My day started with an email on my blackberry from a stupid client before I even got into work. That triggered a downward spiral that culminated in a burst of tears this evening. Yes, I'm having my period but it doesn't negate the fact that people are assholes. Why did I say that? The law of attraction will now mandate that more negativity clouds my universe. Shit.

My baby cousin, who's only 21 years old had a baby today. He's really cute even for a newborn. I find most newborns to be soft and cuddly but not always cute. After a week or so, once they've recovered from being pushed out, their face takes shape but at the hospital, I focus on their hands and feet. I've been fortunate that all the babies of my close relatives have been cute enough not to warrant that awkward moment immortalized on Seinfeld. But this birth underscored both my old age (I changed the mom's diapers!) and the increasingly deafening ticking of my own biological clock. Tomorrow I'm going to see The Vertical Hour on Broadway and I'm pretty excited about that. Tomorrow will be a good day. How's that for manifesting positive energy?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think the reference to cheesecake is funny. I think its meant as a double entendre (sp?), but then again i could be totally wrong. Come on lovepariah - you understand the art of the flirtation?

LovePariah said...

Yes, I get it and DSG alerted me to the fact that I was being too literal with the cheesecake interpretation. Like cheesecake, I, too, can be dense.

Anonymous said...

haven't heard much about DSG lately. Guess that romance went the way of the dinosaurs. Not to worry lovepariah, another acronym will rise from the ashes.

Anonymous said...

...a lthough maybe i'm wrong snce you are still in touch with each other. if so, i wish you all the luck in the world with your romance. didn't mean to jump to conclusions. just having a hard time with love myself these days so i tend to go right to the negative. apologies.

LovePariah said...

No apology necessary. Your hunch was right. DSG is officially off my love radar and I've declared a moratorium on our friendship while my ego heals. Boys are stupid, throw rocks at them.