What started out as a guilty pleasure, poured out in blog-form for the like-minded girlfriends who have told me for years that I "should write a book!" has turned into the bain of my existence as of late.
In the past three or four days, I have been bombarded with defensive, unjustified emails from people who have called my blog a "pity party", told me that my alarm at showing pictures of me was an overreaction to an innocuous gesture and then, perhaps the final straw, an email that reminded me that I'm in my thirties and yada, yada, yada, bottom line: people are going to figure it out. Really? How?
I don't understand why my assertion of my anonymity is being construed as a self-aggrandizing effort to put on airs. I am a journalist by profession. In other words, it's how I make a living and occasionally, I am in front of the camera doing it. Is it so hard to understand that I don't want people thinking the new freelancer doing a live shot for them is the infamous "Love Pariah?" And while it may seem counter intuitive to post a blog if my privacy is important to me, I didn't think it was a leap in logic that my friends, many of whom are reporters, would understand the need to keep who I am under wraps. Instead, I'm the bitch who can't get a grip. How the hell did that happen?
Sunday, December 03, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Say it a'nit so love parish! Just when I'm getting hook you're thinking of pulling the plug? I beg you to reconsider. I find your willingness to self-expose even under the presumed anominity to be harrowing. Those who can not read this blog and appreciate your willingness to share well should not read it. Have some compassion people!. Most us do not keep a public diary,well for fear of the public. So love parish please know not all of us out here in cyber world are harshly judging your every blog. Some of us casually consider, chuckle, and commiserate over your daily adventures and missteps More importantly, I ask you consider what this blog has and is doing in your life. If it is making you a better, stronger, happier person then tell those who don't get it to screw off!
I'm disappointed in those readers who seem to take offense with Pariah's honesty...especially those of you who outed her! There is no harm in blogging (so long as the blogger changes certain details to protect the innocent - even the not-so-innocent). If you don't like what she's writing, do as the previous poster advised, DON'T READ. If you're furious and STILL reading, you're a jerk. Let Pariah speak her mind. It's why those of us who know her love her. The truth sometimes hurts. If you can't handle it, that's not her problem. You could always respond in the comments section to give your two cents about the post. Or you could even start your own blog. To discourage Pariah from getting a little piece of mind is just plain wrong. SHAME ON YOU.
Post a Comment