Apparently, the newsroom where hot printer guy and I work is a cesspool for office gossip. We had been deftly skirting the issue of dating while maintaining an email rapport when he dropped a bomb on me. I was happily scavenging the clearance racks at Daffy's (ick) and Bloomie's for a dress for the upcoming gala (need a formal that makes me look effortlessly chic and sophisticated, sexy but not slutty-read- tall order), when he rang. Below is the stomach-churning text exchange that transpired:
HPG: I am not thrilled with you right now...whoever you told has told others...and it is lucie monday all over again...How is vegas?
(note his overuse of the ellipses, a trait he endearingly calls charming. Also, 'lucie'- name has not been changed to protect the not-so-innocent, is the aforementioned gossip monger)
ME: Told who what? (I fumbled with my phone as I pulled an ill-fitting silk and lace gown over my head)
HPG: Told someone something
ME:Well my conscience is clear and i need more info 2 help solve this mystery (WHAT THE FUCK IS HE TALKING ABOUT?? AND WHAT'S HE DOING COMPARING ME TO WEIRD TEXT-SAVER? so then I added)
ME: Don't compare me to the headcase.
HPG: It was the most recent parallel..but now you see why i don't cross the line..they are all gossips!
ME: I have to be completely honest that i find this whole cryptic exchange annoying. Tell me what u heard.
HPG: I heard that i made out with you the other night
(I was flabbergasted. The only person I had told was my roommate and those of you who read my blog and that group is smaller than the one that thinks Nicole Ritchie has a high metabolism)
ME: WHAT?! I SWEAR THE ONLY PERSON WHO I TOLD WAS MY ROMMATE. WTF?!!
HPG: I told nobody... You see why this place is psycho?
I was beginning to think hot printer guy was psycho but I still needed a date to the gala.
ME: But that's so f'ed up bc someone just made it up and happened to be rt. What else could it be? And WHY didn't you tell anyone? I'm def worth telling someone.
He didn't reply but I spoke to him later that day where he remained evasive about his source.
At this juncture, I don't know what was said to him via what medium. But I do know this. Hot printer guy is younger than my little sister who is currently visiting with her sweet, tall, handsome, witty boyfriend who loves her inspite of her flaws (you think I have baggage?!). I don't even know if he's my type. I mean, sure, if tall, good-looking, smart and borderline witty is my type, then he may be. But do I really want to embark on an investigation into the mole who may or may not have alluded to a tryst that didn't really occur? My intellect is going to say no... for the time being (pregnant pause)
Thursday, October 19, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment